Got a complaint?You want TfGM: we're just a blog!
- RT @MCRMetrolink: End of an era: The last two remaining T68s will make their final journeys between Bury and Abraham Moss today> http://t.c… 4 months ago
- Looks like these First buses spotted on Wilmslow Road are heading to the ex-Finglands depot http://t.co/q2t1TYwSe7 6 months ago
- Big news via @MENnewsdesk : Finglands looks set to be acquired by First Group: manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/busin… 1 year ago
- Bookmark this! City Navigator is a beautifully simple way to plan your next public transport journey in Manchester manchestertransport.wordpress.com/2013/05/01/boo… 1 year ago
- Maytree replacements start to arrive wp.me/p10uly-1Sa 1 year ago
Author Archives: Martin Bryant
There may be five years until its scheduled opening date, but work is already taking place to make way for the Metrolink extension from Chorlton to Manchester Airport. Work is currently taking place to relocate utilities along the route, and … Continue reading
This (brief) video visualises public transport journeys in the North West of England, based on an open dataset.We’re not sure when journey information dates from, but one thing’s for sure – it’s beautiful to watch.
Following a Freedom of Information request by local software developer Sam Easterby-Smith, GMPTE has released what amounts to most of the last decade’s worth of Greater Manchester bus fare table data. Looking through the information, available for download here, it … Continue reading
Sam Luk was playing around with Art Deco design and came up with the rather amazing Metrolink poster below. You can read about the thinking behind it and his planned improvements to it here. Here at Manchester Transport we love … Continue reading
The latest app to spring from the recently release GMPTE bus timetable data is an app for mobile phones using the Android operating system. Timefinder is based on the beautifully simple mobile website we mentioned recently (which has also had … Continue reading
Manchester was abuzz yesterday when the first Airbus A380 to land at at Manchester Airport on a commercial flight, in what will now be a daily occurrence. Plenty of people caught the event on video and here are some of … Continue reading
They’ve been a long-held aspiration but have never quite made it beyond the drawing board. Now it appears that the Metrolink extensions to the Trafford Centre and Stockport are on the cards again. The Manchester Evening News reports that the … Continue reading