We understand that only days after the first flight into Manchester Airport by the Airbus A380 double-deck airliner, today’s EK 018 flight has run into technical problems and is therefore stopping overnight. The aircraft had to perform a “go-around” (i.e. attempt a second landing) due to some strong gusts of wind on the first attempt. (I landed at the airport just after 1am this morning on a delayed flight from Portugal and can attest to the deft handling required by pilots to land an airliner when the wind is gusty or coming from an awkward direction – it was a little wobbly to say the least!) Nearby hotels ought to be rubbing their hands in anticipation, as the plane can carry over 500 passengers and crew.
Got a complaint?You want TfGM: we're just a blog!
- RT @MCRMetrolink: End of an era: The last two remaining T68s will make their final journeys between Bury and Abraham Moss today> http://t.c… 3 years ago
- Looks like these First buses spotted on Wilmslow Road are heading to the ex-Finglands depot http://t.co/q2t1TYwSe7 4 years ago
- Big news via @MENnewsdesk : Finglands looks set to be acquired by First Group: manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/busin… 4 years ago
- Bookmark this! City Navigator is a beautifully simple way to plan your next public transport journey in Manchester manchestertransport.wordpress.com/2013/05/01/boo… 4 years ago
- Maytree replacements start to arrive wp.me/p10uly-1Sa 4 years ago