We noted last month how Bluebird was taking over the majority of Hayton’s tendered bus services in Greater Manchester from 21st November 2011. The Business section of the Manchester Evening News completed the story earlier this week, with its item about how the remaining coach and private hire business is being taken over by Selwyns, the Runcorn-based coach operator who has an operating base at Manchester Airport, as well as running coach services on behalf of National Express. Haytons was founded in 1984 but ran into serious cash-flow difficulties earlier this year. The MEN reports that Selwyns will retain the Haytons brand, saving 60 jobs with the acquisition.
Got a complaint?You want TfGM: we're just a blog!
- RT @MCRMetrolink: End of an era: The last two remaining T68s will make their final journeys between Bury and Abraham Moss today> http://t.c… 2 years ago
- Looks like these First buses spotted on Wilmslow Road are heading to the ex-Finglands depot http://t.co/q2t1TYwSe7 3 years ago
- Big news via @MENnewsdesk : Finglands looks set to be acquired by First Group: manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/busin… 3 years ago
- Bookmark this! City Navigator is a beautifully simple way to plan your next public transport journey in Manchester manchestertransport.wordpress.com/2013/05/01/boo… 3 years ago
- Maytree replacements start to arrive wp.me/p10uly-1Sa 4 years ago