Good news for Northern Rail franchise-holders Serco and Abellio, who have had their franchise extended by the DfT until 1st April 2014. The holding company, which made a pre-tax profit of £40.1 million last year thanks to the DfT grant of £339 million, was originally contracted to run the franchise until 2011, before gaining an earlier two-year extension to September 2013. The company’s Twitter account has become a veritable Pandora’s Box, with passengers venting their annoyance with services every day, but you can help improve it by filling out this survey on social media.
Got a complaint?You want TfGM: we're just a blog!
- Looks like these First buses spotted on Wilmslow Road are heading to the ex-Finglands depot http://t.co/q2t1TYwSe7 1 month ago
- Big news via @MENnewsdesk : Finglands looks set to be acquired by First Group: manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/busin… 8 months ago
- Bookmark this! City Navigator is a beautifully simple way to plan your next public transport journey in Manchester manchestertransport.wordpress.com/2013/05/01/boo… 11 months ago
- Maytree replacements start to arrive wp.me/p10uly-1Sa 1 year ago
- Recap: all going on at the Salford Hub wp.me/p10uly-1Rv 1 year ago