Good news for Northern Rail franchise-holders Serco and Abellio, who have had their franchise extended by the DfT until 1st April 2014. The holding company, which made a pre-tax profit of £40.1 million last year thanks to the DfT grant of £339 million, was originally contracted to run the franchise until 2011, before gaining an earlier two-year extension to September 2013. The company’s Twitter account has become a veritable Pandora’s Box, with passengers venting their annoyance with services every day, but you can help improve it by filling out this survey on social media.
Got a complaint?You want TfGM: we're just a blog!
- RT @MCRMetrolink: End of an era: The last two remaining T68s will make their final journeys between Bury and Abraham Moss today> http://t.c… 1 year ago
- Looks like these First buses spotted on Wilmslow Road are heading to the ex-Finglands depot http://t.co/q2t1TYwSe7 1 year ago
- Big news via @MENnewsdesk : Finglands looks set to be acquired by First Group: manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/busin… 1 year ago
- Bookmark this! City Navigator is a beautifully simple way to plan your next public transport journey in Manchester manchestertransport.wordpress.com/2013/05/01/boo… 2 years ago
- Maytree replacements start to arrive wp.me/p10uly-1Sa 2 years ago