So what’s new for Greater Manchester in today’s announcement for railway investment? After all, we’ve already seen the proposals for the Northern Hub and the Ordsall Curve. We have “options” for two new through platforms at Manchester Piccadilly, capacity improvements on the Castlefield corridor, a fourth platform at Manchester Airport and turnback facilities at Rochdale. That’s in addition to the already-announced Ordsall Curve and electrification to Liverpool, Preston and York: projects which have been lumped together with all the other projects nationwide to make the headline sum of £9 billion.
Got a complaint?You want TfGM: we're just a blog!
- RT @MCRMetrolink: End of an era: The last two remaining T68s will make their final journeys between Bury and Abraham Moss today> http://t.c… 11 months ago
- Looks like these First buses spotted on Wilmslow Road are heading to the ex-Finglands depot http://t.co/q2t1TYwSe7 1 year ago
- Big news via @MENnewsdesk : Finglands looks set to be acquired by First Group: manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/busin… 1 year ago
- Bookmark this! City Navigator is a beautifully simple way to plan your next public transport journey in Manchester manchestertransport.wordpress.com/2013/05/01/boo… 1 year ago
- Maytree replacements start to arrive wp.me/p10uly-1Sa 1 year ago