Got a complaint?You want TfGM: we're just a blog!
- RT @MCRMetrolink: End of an era: The last two remaining T68s will make their final journeys between Bury and Abraham Moss today> http://t.c… 2 years ago
- Looks like these First buses spotted on Wilmslow Road are heading to the ex-Finglands depot http://t.co/q2t1TYwSe7 3 years ago
- Big news via @MENnewsdesk : Finglands looks set to be acquired by First Group: manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/busin… 3 years ago
- Bookmark this! City Navigator is a beautifully simple way to plan your next public transport journey in Manchester manchestertransport.wordpress.com/2013/05/01/boo… 3 years ago
- Maytree replacements start to arrive wp.me/p10uly-1Sa 4 years ago
Tag Archives: electrification
No, it’s not an April Fool: the new footbridge at Salford Crescent really did come into use on Monday 1st April 2013 Forget the Northern Hub: it’s specifically Salford which appears to be the centre of activity on our railways … Continue reading
So what’s new for Greater Manchester in today’s announcement for railway investment? After all, we’ve already seen the proposals for the Northern Hub and the Ordsall Curve. We have “options” for two new through platforms at Manchester Piccadilly, capacity improvements … Continue reading
Amidst this weekend’s snow, a Northern Rail diesel train heads over Castlefield Viaduct – where work has begun on the Manchester to Liverpool electrification in the shape of gantries that will hold the overhead feed wires. If you’d like to … Continue reading
The impact of Wednesday’s public sector strike on transport in Greater Manchester shouldn’t be too great, given that most services are operated by the private sector. TfGM advise that Travelshops are expected to be closed and bus stations are unlikely … Continue reading
Some details we pilfered from Network Rail’s travelling exhibition showing more details on the redevelopment of Manchester Victoria.
Network Rail want to know what the public thinks about its plans to invest in the regions railway’s through their Northern Hub project – essentially the Ordsall Curve; new platforms at Piccadilly, Victoria and the Airport; and some capacity improvements … Continue reading
Ten new four-car electric trains similar to that pictured are planned to operate services between Manchester and Scotland from 2013 – and Birmingham-based train operator London Midland will be placing the order on Transpennine Express’ behalf. Don’t tell the chaps … Continue reading